I officially launched my campaign on April 3rd. As of today, I have 16 weeks before a critical deadline. You see, as an Independent, I have until August 3rd to collect signatures from one percent of the voters (5,100) in Maryland’s 7th Congressional District to appear on the November 3rd ballot. In a perfect world, I would love to be outside right now, knocking on doors and meeting constituents, but due to COVID-19, these times call for us to stay home and stay safe. As a person with an autoimmune condition and who knows people who are at risk, I am staying inside and figuring out creative ways to meet and talk to constituents. Productive time inside my home is crucial to prepare us for when we can get out to reach voters.
For the foreseeable future, my campaign will be primarily online until Maryland residents can move around safely. To keep my campaign momentum going, I have a fundraising goal of $20,000 by April 20th. These funds will help me accomplish my goals in April, which are to continue recruiting volunteers, contact constituents through mailers, email, and social media, host virtual events, hire a finance director and raise funds.
What do I need under each category?
- Recruit Volunteers – We need volunteers who can perform both virtual and physical campaign duties. Click SUPPORT for more information and to sign up.
- Contact Constituents – One of the most important things is to get the news out about my campaign. Feel free to share www.ivey2020.com with your networks. Share this PRESS RELEASE with news outlets, organizations, and anyone you want to notify of my campaign. Also, follow our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.
- Host Virtual Events – Because everyone who is not essential is staying home and staying safe, I need to meet the constituents where they are. Our first “Meet the Candidate Mondays” will be on April 20th at 6:00 pm, and our first “Virtual Town Hall Tuesday” will be on April 21st at 6:00 pm. Sign up to attend one or both EVENTS. If you are interested in hosting a virtual fundraising event, I need you. Click SUPPORT for more information and to sign up.
- Hire Staff – If you know anyone interested in the financial director position, let them know they can WORK WITH AMBER.
- Raise Funds – The top candidates have anywhere from $30K to over $200K in cash on hand. My first goal is to raise 20K by April 20th, 2020. I am a little over a quarter of the way. You can help me reach that goal by DONATING. These funds will help me accomplish some of the items above.
Thank you all for your continued support and have a great week!